Manufacturing & Engineering
06 Feb, 2022
At Mimica, we’re developing a label that tells you exactly when food spoils. We are driven by reducing food waste and improving food safety for everyone. Fundamentally, we are a mission and values-driven company of 7 people from different backgrounds and we’re looking for an engineer to join us for 6-12 months to manage our manufacture scale up as we prepare for launch early next year. You would report to our CTO and collaborate with our R&D team.
We are looking for someone who believes that design can be used as a force for good and is passionate about using their skills to reduce food waste on a large scale. You should have excellent attention to detail, be confident about managing your own projects and think about challenges creatively.
- Transition our manufacturing process from lab scale to high volume commercial settings with the support of an award winning multi-faceted team.
- Develop manufacturing strategies and equipment design with our product development and chemistry teams to quickly grow the product portfolio.
- Engage stakeholders and build relationships with commercial partners to accelerate the product development process and ensure that key business needs are met.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with an internationally based development team.
- Drive development and proactive decision making in material selection and end of life post processing strategies for the current product portfolio to in order to ensure alignment with the business ethos.
- Conduct internal and external product testing to validate design and functional validation.
- Assess product quality and process challenges and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience working in equipment design within a regulated high volume manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of building relationships with suppliers and external partners
- A passion for design and sustainability and a desire to explore how thoughtful product development can reduce environmental impact
- Knowledge of product development and validation test case development
- Project management skills including project schedule development
- Extensive understanding of polymer and biomaterials, manufacturing process development and manufacturing best practices.
This is ideally a full-time position. Typical work hours are 9am-5.30pm. We would also consider part-time, paid pro rata.
Our head office is in Shoreditch, London, but this role can be carried out from any UK location with reasonable transport links to London, where our whole team meets every few weeks.
The first stage will be a video or phone call, followed by one or two interviews to finalise our decision. You may be asked to carry out a basic language and mathematics test.
We are committed to creating an equitable environment for all at Mimica so please let us know if you require any accommodations to our application process.
If we’ve made your brain itch, please get in touch and send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.