06 Feb, 2022
What's this role all about?
Ordo will acquire and service its sole trader, small business and personal customers through our website ordopay.com. Customers will be able to find out about our service, download the Ordo app or login into our web service (myordo.com) to use the full Ordo service as a biller and payer.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing and developing the Ordopay.com website as a selling and servicing platform for our direct customers. They will also be responsible for the management and operation of our social marketing and other customer referral tools to drive potential customers to our site. Taken together these responsibilities will play a critical role in delivering our customer and revenue targets.
They will also need to seek out and work with other Ordo team members with sales, marketing, product, operations and legal and regulatory skills and responsibilities to deliver their objectives.
This person will be responsible for achieving the ordopay.com channel customer and revenue targets by:
• As part of Ordo’s overall marketing and PR plan, delivering and maintaining Ordo’s social marketing campaigns.
• Maintaining and enhancing the selling components of the ordopay.com website working with the rest of Marketing to clearly communicate the benefits of Ordo to the visitors to our website.
• Working with Product to optimise and enhance the onboarding and service experience of our web service, myordo.com.
• Working with Product and Sales to devise and operate a variety of customer referral campaigns and programmes.
• Learning from the behaviours and usage of Ordo customers acquired through Ordopay.com
• Identifying and prioritising the best channels for Ordo to reach our agreed target customer segments.
• Providing channel gathered proposition and service feedback to Ordo’s Product and Operations teams.
• Tracking and supporting the channel’s delivery of customer and revenue targets.
Additionally, the person will support the general development of the Ordo business by:
• At least initially, maintaining the whole of the Ordopay.com website including corporate and partner information.
• Working with the head of (indirect) channel management to share learnings in both directions between the Ordopay.com and indirect channels.
Although this is a management role, we are a new business and while we plan to grow the ordopay.com team over the next 12 to 24 months, initially, the person taking this role will have to operate self-sufficiently and very much hands-on.
What's it pay?
Ordo expects to pay market rate for roles of this type in start-up FinTechs. The basic salary will be enhanced by the award of shares and options.
Ordo is an FCA authorised service for small and large businesses to simply, swiftly and securely collect payments from their customers using the power of Open Banking. Businesses will be able to collect their payments at lower cost, with greater internal efficiency and with greater security than with existing payment services like cards, cash, cheques and stand-alone direct bank transfers. Their customers will benefit from more control over their payments, greater security and much improved ease of use.
Who are Ordo?
Ordo, the Smart Request Company Ltd, was founded by former executives of the UK’s Faster Payments Scheme in May 2018 and is backed by private investors, Nationwide Building Society Ventures and CGI, the global technology business and is based in central London. See ordopay.com.