Small-scale agriculture is the biggest industry on earth, with more than a billion farmers globally supplying 70% of the world's food and commodities, yet remaining digitally unconnected. Until Wefarm, no other had built a digital platform for these farmers to share their vital insights, without having to go online!
Since our launch in 2015 we have grown to serve 1.9 million farmers across the world, who share more than 30,000 Qs & As per day. Wefarm has recently secured $13 million in Series A funding from some of the world’s leading VCs, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley, and we are looking to add to a world-class team based across London, Nairobi, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam.
Join us and be a part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture, with the farmer at the centre!
The Marketplace Operations Manager will take ownership of evolving both the strategy and execution of Wefarm Marketplace, putting the farmer’s needs to the forefront, whilst creating an ecosystem that also benefits multiple stakeholders (such as local retailers, distributors, delivery agents, etc) and works across multiple categories (such as agricultural products and financial services).
Please note this role can be based in London, UK with 50% travel or Nairobi, KE
- Create and execute Wefarm Marketplace Operations strategy to refine playbooks and manage rapid scale across different territories and markets
- Work with internal teams to set key KPIs that ensure quality - Marketplace growth, and implement programs and incentives to ensure targets are met
- Support coaching and development of the existing team
- Lead hiring of new talent and the function grows
- Collaborate closely with Business Development and Marketing teams to ensure a high-quality, low-friction user experience for Wefarm’s stakeholders (farmers, retailers & partners)
- Work with Wefarm Product team to ensure effective delivery of tools and milestones in Wefarm’s Product Roadmap on the ground
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong track-record in setting-up and growing operations, managing people & resources, and achieving strategic business objectives (ideally with some experience of the emerging markets in which Wefarm operates). They must demonstrate a passion for Wefarm’s vision and feel comfortable in an agile, fast-moving startup environment.