06 Feb, 2022
What's the role all about?
Ordo earns its revenue from business billers who are mainly acquired and managed through indirect channel/distribution partners. These partners include payment processors, accounting software providers and technology systems integrators.
The person in this role will be responsible for identifying, selling to, commercially onboarding and then managing the needs and performance of these distribution partners to deliver our indirect channel customer and revenue targets.
They will also need to seek out and work with other Ordo team members with marketing, product, operations and legal and regulatory skills and responsibilities to deliver their objectives.
This person will deliver the indirect channel customer and revenue targets by:
• Identifying and prioritising the best channels for Ordo to reach our agreed target customer segments.
• Selling the value of the Ordo proposition to prospective channel partners, covering the benefits they can deliver to their business customers, the value their business customers can deliver to their end-customers and the direct and indirect commercial value of the Ordo partnership to the channel.
• Negotiating and agreeing commercial terms, channel targets and objectives with channel partners.
• Working with other Ordo teams to oversee technical onboarding of the channel partners.
• Working with other Ordo teams to support each channel’s own marketing and selling efforts.
• Working with Ordo Marketing to integrate individual channel marketing plans with Ordo’s overall marketing efforts.
• Providing channel gathered proposition and service feedback to Ordo’s Product and Operations teams.
• Tracking and supporting each channel’s delivery of customer and revenue targets.
Additionally, the person will support the general development of the Ordo business by:
• At least initially, supporting a limited number of early adopter potential non-web direct customers, where these potential customers can open up new segments and channel opportunities.
• Representing Ordo at relevant industry conferences and trade shows.
• Working with the head of the ordopay.com direct (web) channel to share learnings in both directions between the Ordo web and indirect channels.
Although this is a management role, we are a new business and while we plan to grow the channel development and management team over the next 12 to 24 months, initially, the person taking this role will have to operate self-sufficiently and very much hands-on.
What's it pay?
Ordo expects to pay market rate for roles of this type in start-up FinTechs. The basic salary will be enhanced by the award of shares and options.
Ordo is an FCA authorised service for small and large businesses to simply, swiftly and securely collect payments from their customers using the power of Open Banking. Businesses will be able to collect their payments at lower cost, with greater internal efficiency and with greater security than with existing payment services like cards, cash, cheques and stand-alone direct bank transfers. Their customers will benefit from more control over their payments, greater security and much improved ease of use.
Who are Ordo?
Ordo, the Smart Request Company Ltd, was founded by former executives of the UK’s Faster Payments Scheme in May 2018 and is backed by private investors, Nationwide Building Society Ventures and CGI, the global technology business and is based in central London. See ordopay.com.