06 Feb, 2022
Small-scale agriculture is the biggest industry on earth, with more than a billion farmers globally supplying 70% of the world's food and commodities, yet remaining digitally unconnected. Until Wefarm, no other had built a digital platform for these farmers to share their vital insights, without having to go online!
Since our launch in 2015 we have grown to serve 1.9 million farmers across the world, who share more than 30,000 Qs & As per day.
Wefarm has recently secured $13 million in Series A funding from some of the world’s leading VCs, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley, and we are looking to add to a world-class team based across London, Nairobi, Kampala and Dar-es-Salaam.
Join us and be a part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture, with the farmer at the centre!
Please note that this role can be based in London, UK or Nairobi, Kenya
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to lead on finding and categorizing leads with a portfolio of key partners from across a broad range of sectors including agriculture, logistics, FMCG, ICT and telecoms. As one of the first SDRs at Wefarm, you will be in charge of starting to build long-term, trust centred relationships with potential partners and driving speed and efficiency in the sales flow.
More specifically you will:
• Work to identify and categorize both outbound and inbound leads
• Identify partner needs quickly and efficiently to create quality leads for Account executives
• Meet designated targets and work with colleagues in the sales team to pass on high-quality leads that deliver revenue and strategic growth for Wefarm
• Communicate Wefarm’s vision, mission and partnership opportunities effectively to potential partners
• Support the creation and implementation of Wefarm’s next iteration of Sales Development strategy
• Support development of best practise to manage and track workflow
• Over 1 year work experience as an SDR or equivalent
• Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Excellent telephone and listening skills
• Excellent time management skills
• A clear passion for Wefarm’s vision and mission
• A track record of target attainment and overachievement
Ideally, a good understanding of the markets in which Wefarm operates
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM
Rewards package and remuneration
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, but is highly competitive and will include share options. We believe in our team being not only the executors of Wefarm’s visions but the makers and owners of it!
As a global business, travel is essential to who we are, and will be a perk of the job. We also host an annual whole company get together (Wecamp), previously held in Kenya and Uganda. In addition, we have a generous pension package, flexible working environment (within reason of course!), and we value spending time together - boarding the weekly lunch train, sharing some drinks on a Friday and frequent social events throughout the year.